Workshop: Writing for Newspapers and TV
The American Corner-Duhok is hosting a workshop on writing reports for newspapers and TV.
The workshop will be held on Monday, December 16, from 11 am to 1 pm at the American Corner-Duhok on the third floor of the University of Duhok Central Library, Zakho Way, Duhok, Iraq.
If you are interested in general or wish to have a career in journalism, this will be a great chance to get to know the foundations of report writing. The workshop will also give you the knowledge you need to be able to spot fake news while reading a newspaper, or watching a news report on TV.
The speaker, Iman Numan Salih, from the Genocide Center, University of Duhok, will cover the following topics:
- How to write reports for newspapers
- The difference between reporting for newspapers and for TV
- Contents of journalistic reports
- How to verify the authenticity of the information found in reports
- How to get started and prepare for a career in journalism and TV