The Media Line led over twenty years ago in pioneering the American independent news agency in the Middle East, arguably the first in the region. We have always stayed true to our mission: to provide you with contextual sourced and trustworthy news. In an age of fake news masquerading as journalism, The Media Line plays a crucial role in providing fact-based news that deserves your support.

We're proud of the dozens of young students we've trained in our Press and Policy Student Program who will form the vanguard of the next generation of journalists to the benefit of countless millions of news readers.

Look out for exciting new additions as we enter 2022.

We thank our loyal readers and wish you all the happiest of holidays.
The Media Line

Non-profit news needs public support.
Please support us with your generous contributions:
UN Mideast Envoys Call for Regional Cease-fires
Courtesy of Ministry of Information, Republic of Yemen.

UN Mideast Envoys Call for Regional Cease-fires

The United Nations special envoys for Syria, Yemen, Iraq and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict have urged factions across the region to immediately declare cease-fires in order to permit local authorities to combat the coronavirus pandemic. The diplomats stressed that the health crisis could not be adequately addressed “if the guns of war [were] not silenced.” They added that “partisanship and narrow interests must yield to the greater cause and the good of the people. That is why we echo the secretary-general in calling on all parties in the Middle East to work with the UN so we can focus on the true fight of our lives.” Earlier this month, UN chief Antonio Guterres specifically referenced Israeli-Palestinian coordination as a model for tackling the outbreak. “Different parties to a conflict [are] cooperating in order to respond to this dramatic situation,” he said. “To give an example, in fighting COVID-19, the Palestinian Authority and Israel have been able to work together, even if we know the extreme division that exists politically between the two [sides].” In response to Guterres’ appeal, the Saudi-led coalition battling Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen began observing a unilateral cease-fire on Thursday. A Saudi military official said that operations would be halted for two weeks, although it remains unclear if the rebels intend to abide by the truce.

Did you know we’re celebrating our 20th Anniversary as the 1st American News Agency exclusively covering the Middle East?

  • The Middle East landscape is changing rapidly.
  • The roads in the region open to new possibilities.
  • The Media Line continues to pave the way to a far greater understanding of the region’s land, people, policies and governments through our trusted, fact-based news.

We’re an independent, ad-free, non-profit news agency and rely on friends like you!

Please make your gift today.
Thank you!

We paved the way to be the Trusted Mid East News you can rely on!

We’re an independent, ad-free, non-profit news agency and rely on friends like you!

Invest in the
Trusted Mideast
News source.
We are on the
front lines.

Personalize Your News
Upgrade your experience by choosing the categories that matter most to you.
Click on the icon to add the category to your Personalize news
Browse Categories and Topics
Wake up to the Trusted Mideast News source Mideast Daily News Email
By subscribing, you agree to The Media Line terms of use and privacy policy.
Wake up to the Trusted Mideast News source Mideast Daily News Email
By subscribing, you agree to The Media Line terms of use and privacy policy.