The Middle East CISO Forum
Date and time: June 29, 2020, 10 am to 12:30 pm Gulf Standard Time (UTC+4)
The Middle East CISO Forum will bring forth a dynamic mix of senior cybersecurity experts who are innovating and leading the way.
While global markets revive from the unforeseen implications of the pandemic, we at EC-COUNCIL pride ourselves as forerunners enabling strategic upskilling and knowledge sharing initiatives to safeguard the future of the dynamic virtual space we coexist in today.
This virtual initiation has been specifically conceptualized to create more awareness of the need for cybersecurity and its related implications within the region during these testing times.
- Global connectivity and wider expert reach
- Dynamic mix of strategic and real-time insights
- Emphasis on implication of ongoing pandemic (COVID-19)
- Comprehensive to enable Any-time and any-where access
- Energy & Utilities
- Health care
- Public sector companies
About the speakers:
- Sultan Altukhaim, director, Information Security Department (CISO), Risk Management, Capital Market Authority (CMA), leads and oversees all activities aimed at developing Cybersecurity measures in CMA, providing business stakeholders with information assurance services, including defining business and security requirements, integrating Cybersecurity solutions, crafting security plans and strategies, and implementing risk management. He plans and supervises all Cybersecurity initiatives and projects towards increasing the resilience level for the Capital Market participants and institutions. He is the founder of Cybersecurity Resilience Committee for Capital Market sector. Sultan has extensive IT and Information Security professional experience locally and internationally. Sultan has worked in the past for Saudi Airlines, Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA), Saudi Telecom Company (STC), Florida Tech (USA), and Boeing (USA). He has recently won the Middle East Security Award. He holds a set of distinguished technical and leadership certifications from Harvard, INSEAD, Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), and others. Sultan has earned his undergraduate degree from King Saud University, and his graduate degree from Florida Institute of Technology.
- Rasha Abu AlSaud, chief information security officer at a leading bank
- Mohamed Saad Mousa, chief information security officer, Ikea, is chief information security officer (CISO) with an MSc. in information security from Royal Holloway University, University of London alongside numerous technical and management professional certificates. For more than 15 years, Mohamed has gained a wide experience in working with government and private sector, implementing and auditing different Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) cybersecurity frameworks. As CISO, he has extensive exposure to different Digital Transformation programs, Governance frameworks and international standards in dealing with securing e-commerce channels. Mohamed’s core competencies include Information security management, strategic business orientation, risk management, penetration tests, network security, business continuity planning and incidents/threats management. He has designed and conducted several information security awareness programs in different business models, delivered multiple keynote addresses in different information security conferences around the EMEA region and has been invited on several occasions to give lectures in different academic forums.
- Abdullah Bairy, chief information security officer, Saudi Cooperative Insurance Company (Salama), received his bachelor’s degree in management of information systems from the University of Business & Technology in Saudi Arabia in the year of 2012 and a master’s degree from the School of Engineering at George Washington University, Washington, DC, majoring in cybersecurity. Abdullah has been a cybersecurity specialist & programmer in the Deanship of Information Technology at King Abdulaziz University where part of his responsibilities focused on digital forensics, penetration testing, firewall configurations, BIG IP F5. He was also a part of the Incident Response Department and has created an awareness program for employees and staff. Currently, Abdullah holds the position of chief information security officer in Salama Cooperative Insurance Company.
- Thomas Heuckeroth, group cybersecurity lead, Emirates Group
- Saqib Chaudhry, chief information security officer, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, is a thought leader with a focus on cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, enterprise risk management, business resilience, data privacy, audit & compliance. Saqib is well versed with the challenges & opportunities of digital transformation as it relates to cybersecurity, cloud, social media, big data analytics, IoT, mobility, and artificial intelligence. In his current role at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD), he is responsible for the implementation & management of the overall information security program. Prior to joining CCAD, Saqib had worked with Deloitte & Touche Middle East as the regional leader for business resilience and for Deloitte & Touche US as a security & privacy practitioner.
- Piyush Kumar Chowhan¸, group CIO, Lulu International. In his role at Lulu Group International, Piyush Kumar Chowhan is responsible for Digital strategy and execution of technology for all its global businesses across 12 countries, which include retail, hypermarket, and shopping malls. He has over 20+ years of experience in driving businesses change using the latest technology innovations thereby enhancing business value. Piyush has acquired strong domain knowledge in retail, e-commerce and supply chain management while working for global retailers like Walmart, Target, Circuit City, Tesco, and Best Buy. He has also been instrumental in leading the deployment of state-of-art, award-winning supply chain replenishment program, defining the roadmap for future-ready retail stores and artificial intelligence and analytics. Piyush has won many awards for his work and is a part of the Steering Committee of the Analytics and Data Science COE (jointly started by the government of Karnataka and NASSCOM in Bangalore).
- Dr. Erdal Ozkaya, managing director & regional chief information security officer, Standard Chartered Bank (UAE), is a tenured cybersecurity professional and has juggled the roles of a security advisor, speaker, lecturer and author. Having excelled in business development, management and academics focused on securing cyberspace, he is passionate about imparting knowledge from his hands-on experiences. As an award-winning technical expert, Dr. Erda has received many accolades. His recent awards are the Cybersecurity Professional of the year MEA, Hall of Fame by CISO Magazine, Cybersecurity Influencer of the year (2019), Microsoft Circle of Excellence Platinum Club (2017), NATO Center of Excellence (2016) Security Professional of the year by MEA Channel Magazine (2015), Professional of the year Sydney (2014) and many speaker of the year awards in conferences. He also holds Global Instructor of the year awards from EC Council & Microsoft.
- Dr. Sohail Munir, advisor, emerging technologies and digital innovation, Smart Dubai Government